Lighthouse News Line
Palms in the Park
|Sabal palms are unloaded and ready to be planted by Sam Brown and crew in St. George Lighthouse Park.|
More than 30 palms were planted today (October 28) in St. George Lighthouse Park, as part of the park renovation project funded by the DEP grant to refurbish the county park at the center of St. George Island.
The palm planting is the latest phase in the park rehabilitation project, which has also included the installation of a new irrigation system, new sod, and brick pathways around the Lighthouse and Visitors Center & Lighthouse Museum.
The work is funded by a DEP grant awarded to Franklin County largely through the efforts of Rep. Will Kendrick. Additional work will include the repair of the playground equipment (currently in progress by the County Parks and Recreation Department), as well as benches, additional landscaping, and lighting around the lighthouse.
Plans are for the park work to be substantially complete by the projected lighthouse opening date of December 1.
There are no comments for this article at this time.
- Lighthouse Chili Supports Fire Department
- New Sign for Lighthouse Park
- 2013 Tour of Homes Is a Huge Success
- CSG Lighthouse on Satellite Media Tour
- SGLA Hosts Artists and Chamber Members
- Panhandle Lighthouse Challenge a Soggy Success!
- A Loving Farewell to Bill Roberts
- HAMs Broadcast Worldwide from Lighthouse
- Lighthouse Museum and Gift Shop Open
- Bill Roberts Honored at Museum Opening
- Young Musicians Donate to Lighthouse
- Independence Day Celebrated on SGI
- Florida Lighthouse Day Celebrated at CSG
- Keeper's House Almost Complete
- Full Moon Climbs at Cape St. George
- Children Visit Lighthouse
- Starting to Look Like a House!
- Raising Support Beams
- Looking Down
- Preparing for Ida