Lighthouse News Line
10,000 Bricks Cleaned!
|The 10,000th brick sits on a pallet waiting to become, once again, part of our historic lighthouse.|
On Saturday, February 10, we reached a significant milestone in our efforts to reconstruct the Cape St. George Light when the 10,000th brick was cleaned.
Volunteers on Friday and Saturday set a new weekend record by cleaning 1,214 bricks to make the total an amazing 10,000 bricks. The Saturday crew set a new one-day record of 708 bricks cleaned. We now have 14 complete pallets of cleaned bricks stored for the rebuilding effort.
Congratulations and Thank You to all the dedicated volunteers who are participating in this monumental undertaking!
There are no comments for this article at this time.
- Lighthouse Chili Supports Fire Department
- New Sign for Lighthouse Park
- 2013 Tour of Homes Is a Huge Success
- CSG Lighthouse on Satellite Media Tour
- SGLA Hosts Artists and Chamber Members
- Panhandle Lighthouse Challenge a Soggy Success!
- A Loving Farewell to Bill Roberts
- HAMs Broadcast Worldwide from Lighthouse
- Lighthouse Museum and Gift Shop Open
- Bill Roberts Honored at Museum Opening
- Young Musicians Donate to Lighthouse
- Independence Day Celebrated on SGI
- Florida Lighthouse Day Celebrated at CSG
- Keeper's House Almost Complete
- Full Moon Climbs at Cape St. George
- Children Visit Lighthouse
- Starting to Look Like a House!
- Raising Support Beams
- Looking Down
- Preparing for Ida