Lighthouse News Line
Bill Roberts Honored at Museum Opening
|Bill Roberts with SGLA officers Terry Kemp, Jim Kemp and Dennis Barnell.|
The St. George Lighthouse Association honored benefactor Bill Roberts at the opening of the Lighthouse Museum on August 21.
Both Bill's father and grandfather, Walter A. Roberts Jr. and Sr., were Lighthouse Keepers at Cape St. George. In honor of his family, Bill has generously donated to the museum a number of items used by the family when they lived at the light station.
Included in the Roberts Family Collection are the 1925 Damascus sewing machine belonging to Bill's mother, sister Betty's small rocking chair, a Perfection kerosene heater, a number of tools, and pins and medals earned by Keeper Roberts.
In recognition of his major contribution to the creation of the museum, SGLA officers presented Bill with a signed and numbered framed print of the Cape St. George Light by artist Sam Lyons.
We thank Bill and his family for their generous support of the Cape St. George Light.
There are no comments for this article at this time.
- Lighthouse Chili Supports Fire Department
- New Sign for Lighthouse Park
- 2013 Tour of Homes Is a Huge Success
- CSG Lighthouse on Satellite Media Tour
- SGLA Hosts Artists and Chamber Members
- Panhandle Lighthouse Challenge a Soggy Success!
- A Loving Farewell to Bill Roberts
- HAMs Broadcast Worldwide from Lighthouse
- Lighthouse Museum and Gift Shop Open
- Bill Roberts Honored at Museum Opening
- Young Musicians Donate to Lighthouse
- Independence Day Celebrated on SGI
- Florida Lighthouse Day Celebrated at CSG
- Keeper's House Almost Complete
- Full Moon Climbs at Cape St. George
- Children Visit Lighthouse
- Starting to Look Like a House!
- Raising Support Beams
- Looking Down
- Preparing for Ida