Lighthouse News Line
Full Moon Climbs at Cape St. George
|Lighthouse climbers toasted the Full Moon from the top of the lighthouse on November 21. Photo by Nick Baldwin. |
The first Full Moon Climb at the Cape St. George Light on November 21 was a huge success! Ten enthusiastic climbers enjoyed a toast to the full moon from the lantern room of the lighthouse.
Full Moon Climbs are a new event being trialed at the lighthouse. Climbers ascend the 92 stairs and ladder to the lantern room in time to see the setting sun the the rising moon. The price of admission includes a sparking cider toast and light hors d'ouevres.
A lighthouse volunteer is on hand to tell about the history of the lighthouse and answer questions. One of the inaugural climbers commented that the entire family enjoyed the event. She said that the children loved the cider toast, while the adults appreciated learning more about the historic lighthouse.
For more photos of the November event, please see the Photo Album. For details about the next Full Moon Climb, please see the Calendar.
There are no comments for this article at this time.
- Lighthouse Chili Supports Fire Department
- New Sign for Lighthouse Park
- 2013 Tour of Homes Is a Huge Success
- CSG Lighthouse on Satellite Media Tour
- SGLA Hosts Artists and Chamber Members
- Panhandle Lighthouse Challenge a Soggy Success!
- A Loving Farewell to Bill Roberts
- HAMs Broadcast Worldwide from Lighthouse
- Lighthouse Museum and Gift Shop Open
- Bill Roberts Honored at Museum Opening
- Young Musicians Donate to Lighthouse
- Independence Day Celebrated on SGI
- Florida Lighthouse Day Celebrated at CSG
- Keeper's House Almost Complete
- Full Moon Climbs at Cape St. George
- Children Visit Lighthouse
- Starting to Look Like a House!
- Raising Support Beams
- Looking Down
- Preparing for Ida