Lighthouse News Line
Raising the Walls
|Volunteers raise a wall of the Keeper's House.|
Volunteers were recruited to help raise one of the walls of the Keeper's House now under construction next to the Cape St. George Light.
As of October 30, all four frame walls were up. The framing is being done by Greg Prickett, Al Douglas, and crew, under general contractor Steve Haverick. When the time came to raise one of the long walls into position, more manpower was needed. Steve and SGLA President Dennis Barnell quickly recruited enough island residents to raise the wall!
For more photos of the first week's progress, please see the Photo Gallery.
There are no comments for this article at this time.
- Lighthouse Chili Supports Fire Department
- New Sign for Lighthouse Park
- 2013 Tour of Homes Is a Huge Success
- CSG Lighthouse on Satellite Media Tour
- SGLA Hosts Artists and Chamber Members
- Panhandle Lighthouse Challenge a Soggy Success!
- A Loving Farewell to Bill Roberts
- HAMs Broadcast Worldwide from Lighthouse
- Lighthouse Museum and Gift Shop Open
- Bill Roberts Honored at Museum Opening
- Young Musicians Donate to Lighthouse
- Independence Day Celebrated on SGI
- Florida Lighthouse Day Celebrated at CSG
- Keeper's House Almost Complete
- Full Moon Climbs at Cape St. George
- Children Visit Lighthouse
- Starting to Look Like a House!
- Raising Support Beams
- Looking Down
- Preparing for Ida