Lighthouse News Line
Florida Lighthouse Day Celebrated at CSG
Volunteers serve BBQ chicken dinners
Florida Lighthouse Day was celebrated at the Cape St. George Light with free climbing, BBQ chicken dinners, and music on the porch of the Lighthouse Keeper's House.
A record 377 people climbed the lighthouse, surpassing the previous record set on Preview Day in November of 2008.
The crowd enjoyed BBQ chicken dinners grilled on site by SGLA members Jim Wolfram and Marty Ray. The dinners came with two side dishes, including "Texas Caviar," a black eyed pea and pepper salad prepared by the students in the Culinary Arts class at the Franklin County School. The students also made an assortment of iced cupcakes, which were a big hit with the enthusiastic crowd.
Music was provided by local band "Up Close" who played on the porch of the recently-completed Lighthouse Keeper's House. SGLA members celebrated the newly-acquired Certificate of Occupancy, which means that the opening of the museum is not far off.
It was a great day to enjoy beautiful weather, wonderful food, delightful music, and good friends in St. George Lighthouse Park -- while honoring the historic lighthouses that are so special to the history of Florida!
For more photos, please see the Photo Album.
There are no comments for this article at this time.
- Lighthouse Chili Supports Fire Department
- New Sign for Lighthouse Park
- 2013 Tour of Homes Is a Huge Success
- CSG Lighthouse on Satellite Media Tour
- SGLA Hosts Artists and Chamber Members
- Panhandle Lighthouse Challenge a Soggy Success!
- A Loving Farewell to Bill Roberts
- HAMs Broadcast Worldwide from Lighthouse
- Lighthouse Museum and Gift Shop Open
- Bill Roberts Honored at Museum Opening
- Young Musicians Donate to Lighthouse
- Independence Day Celebrated on SGI
- Florida Lighthouse Day Celebrated at CSG
- Keeper's House Almost Complete
- Full Moon Climbs at Cape St. George
- Children Visit Lighthouse
- Starting to Look Like a House!
- Raising Support Beams
- Looking Down
- Preparing for Ida