Lighthouse News Line
Young Musicians Donate to Lighthouse
| Owen and Powell Lowe entertain at Circle of Friends. |
Two young musicians from Nashville, Tennessee recently visited St. George Island with their parents and raised money for the lighthouse with an impromptu concert.
Powell and Owen Lowe happened to be at Circle of Friends, the Thursday evening gathering hosted by Joe and Charolette Bacher at their island shop, Sometimes It's Hotter Seasoning Company. They asked Joe if they could play for the crowd, and Joe agreed.
Powell, age 12, plays the fiddle and brother Owen, age 10, plays guitar. Together they play some of the best bluegrass music heard on this island in a long time! The brothers have been playing together for five years, and have played with a number of Nashville stars, including Vince Gill and Jimmy Hall.
The C of F crowd was so delighted that a tip jar produced by Joe quickly filled up.
After playing a number of tunes, the young men announced that they wanted to donate their tips to the lighthouse! It just so happened that SGLA Secretary Terry Kemp and Director Bud Hayes were in the audience, and were more than happy to accept the generous donation.
When Terry asked the young men why they wanted to give away their hard-earned tips, Powell said, "The Lighthouse is a great place. It's really neat!"
It was wonderful to meet such nice kids -- and we can only hope that they remember the Cape St. George Light when they are famous!
|Powell Lowe, Terry Kemp, Owen Lowe, and Bud Hayes with a bucket of tips for the Light!|
There are no comments for this article at this time.
- Lighthouse Chili Supports Fire Department
- New Sign for Lighthouse Park
- 2013 Tour of Homes Is a Huge Success
- CSG Lighthouse on Satellite Media Tour
- SGLA Hosts Artists and Chamber Members
- Panhandle Lighthouse Challenge a Soggy Success!
- A Loving Farewell to Bill Roberts
- HAMs Broadcast Worldwide from Lighthouse
- Lighthouse Museum and Gift Shop Open
- Bill Roberts Honored at Museum Opening
- Young Musicians Donate to Lighthouse
- Independence Day Celebrated on SGI
- Florida Lighthouse Day Celebrated at CSG
- Keeper's House Almost Complete
- Full Moon Climbs at Cape St. George
- Children Visit Lighthouse
- Starting to Look Like a House!
- Raising Support Beams
- Looking Down
- Preparing for Ida