Lighthouse News Line
Lighthouse Museum and Gift Shop Open
The Lighthouse Museum and the Keeper's House Gift Shop are earning rave reviews from visitors after opening to the public on August 21, 2011.
The museum features displays on the need for a lighthouse on St. George Island, the history of the lighthouse and its tragic collapse, the lives of the keepers, and the reconstruction of the Cape St. George Light.
Pieces of the 1852 lighthouse are on display, as is the keeper's uniform worn by Florida Lighthouse Association President Stan Farnham. A Time Line of the history of the lighthouse was researched by SGLA member Penny Angel and is dedicated to her memory.
The Keeper's House Gift Shop is filled with unique items commemorating the lighthouse and St. George Island. Gift Shop Manager Carol Talley has created a distinctive boutique featuring the works of local artists as well as traditional lighthouse merchandise.
Handmade jewelry, baskets, and wine glasses are available, as well as a selection of books, prints, and children's items.
The Lighthouse Museum and the Keeper's House Gift Shop are located in the Lighthouse Keeper's House and are open during the same hours as the Cape St. George Light.
Comment by Judy Mitchell on December 19, 2012 - 03:22 PM
I purchased jewelry at the Lighthouse gift shop in November. A man I work with would like to order his wife jewelry similar to my. Is there a phone number he can call to make a purchase. Thanks.
- Lighthouse Chili Supports Fire Department
- New Sign for Lighthouse Park
- 2013 Tour of Homes Is a Huge Success
- CSG Lighthouse on Satellite Media Tour
- SGLA Hosts Artists and Chamber Members
- Panhandle Lighthouse Challenge a Soggy Success!
- A Loving Farewell to Bill Roberts
- HAMs Broadcast Worldwide from Lighthouse
- Lighthouse Museum and Gift Shop Open
- Bill Roberts Honored at Museum Opening
- Young Musicians Donate to Lighthouse
- Independence Day Celebrated on SGI
- Florida Lighthouse Day Celebrated at CSG
- Keeper's House Almost Complete
- Full Moon Climbs at Cape St. George
- Children Visit Lighthouse
- Starting to Look Like a House!
- Raising Support Beams
- Looking Down
- Preparing for Ida