Lighthouse News Line
CSG Lighthouse on Satellite Media Tour
The Cape St. George Light was the featured venue for a Visit Florida nationwide "Satellite Media Tour" on July 16!
Visit Florida, the organization charged with promoting tourism in Florida, selected St. George Island as the locale for a "Late Summer Florida Getaway" feature broadcast via live interviews to 22 television stations nationwide. For the media novice, it was quite an exciting spectacle.
Visit Florida coordinator Laura Cassels, vacation journalist and media "talent" Jill Martin, and their entourage of production personnel and camera crew arrived at the lighthouse Sunday afternoon. They scoped out the situation and decided that Jill would take interviews from one of the picnic pavillions behind the lighthouse, with a view of the dunes in the background. While Jill talked, background footage of the lighthouse and shots from the top of the lighthouse lured the audience to a St. George Island getaway.
The format of a "Satellite Media Tour" was fascinating. Stations from locations such as Omaha NE, Richmond VA, Chattanooga TN, Flint MI, Columbus OH, San Antonio TX, Wichita KS, Phoenix AZ, and Boston MA called in at prescribed times to interview Jill about her experience on St. George Island.
In 3 to 5 minutes per interview, Jill extolled the virtues of St. George Island's Number 4 beach in the Dr. Beach survey, and talked up the fun of climbing the historic lighthouse. She called SGI a "hidden gem" where a visitor can "find serenity now."
Some stations broadcast the interview live, and others taped it for viewing later this week. So if your friends and family around the country call to tell you they saw the Cape St. George Light on TV, you will know why!
There are no comments for this article at this time.
- Lighthouse Chili Supports Fire Department
- New Sign for Lighthouse Park
- 2013 Tour of Homes Is a Huge Success
- CSG Lighthouse on Satellite Media Tour
- SGLA Hosts Artists and Chamber Members
- Panhandle Lighthouse Challenge a Soggy Success!
- A Loving Farewell to Bill Roberts
- HAMs Broadcast Worldwide from Lighthouse
- Lighthouse Museum and Gift Shop Open
- Bill Roberts Honored at Museum Opening
- Young Musicians Donate to Lighthouse
- Independence Day Celebrated on SGI
- Florida Lighthouse Day Celebrated at CSG
- Keeper's House Almost Complete
- Full Moon Climbs at Cape St. George
- Children Visit Lighthouse
- Starting to Look Like a House!
- Raising Support Beams
- Looking Down
- Preparing for Ida