The Full Moon Climbs at the Cape St. George Lighthouse on St. George Island are held every month and include light hors d'oeuvres and a sparkling cider toast to the full moon. Cost is $15.00 for the general public and $10.00 for members of the St. George Lighthouse Association.
After sunset, people are invited to climb to the top of the lighthouse for a breathtaking view of the full moon, as space and time permit. Cost is $10.00 for the general public and $5.00 for SGLA members.
The Cape St. George Light is located in St. George Lighthouse Park at the center of St. George Island, where Island Drive (the road off the bridge) ends at Gulf Beach Drive. Parking is available in lots at either side of the park.
Because space is limited, reservations are recommended. For reservations or more information, please contact the Lighthouse Gift Shop at 850-927-7745.
Policy for Children
- Children are the same price as adults and must be 40" to climb.
- Only kids 13 and over will be able to go outside the lantern room, however they must have adult supervision.
- Keepers have discretion to prohibit outside access dependent on size – regardless of age.
Upcoming Full Moon Climbs
- April 19 @ 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- May 18 @ 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- June 17 @ 8:30 pm - 10:00 pm
- July 16 @ 8:30 pm - 10:00 pm
- August 14 @ 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Check out our calendar page for more upcoming events.