SGI Tour of Homes
St. George Lighthouse Association
Tips for the SGI Tour of Homes
- The Tour of Homes is a fundraiser for the Cape St. George Lighthouse, the Keeper’s House Museum, and Lighthouse Park. Please visit the lighthouse, the museum, and the gift shop while you are here.
- Tour hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, February 10, 2018. Doors to the houses and buildings will not open until 10 a.m.
- This is a beach community, so most homes are on pilings and therefore have stairs. Residential elevators are not available during the Tour, so please plan accordingly.
- Some driveways may require a lengthy walk. Please be careful.
- Food or open beverages are not allowed in the homes or on the Plantation shuttles.
- Please do not touch personal property in the homes. Respect spaces that are ribboned off to prevent access. Watch children closely.
- Restrooms are available in the bath house behind the lighthouse and in the Plantation clubhouse. Restrooms in the homes are not available for the use of Tour participants.
- No inside photography, please.
- There are a number or restaurants on the island and in the neighboring communities that serve lunch.
- There will be raffle tickets to purchase at the Friday February 9th evening kick-off event, and in Lighthouse Park on Saturday February 10th for some great door prizes.
- You will find a comment cards at each of the houses so please take a moment to share your thoughts about the Tour with us. We strive to make the Tour better each year!
Transportation to and within the St. George Plantation gated community:
- Entrance to the Plantation is by shuttle only, unless you are a Plantation property-owner or renter. Shuttles will board in the parking lot to the west of the lighthouse.
- The Plantation Clubhouse will feature photography by Charlie Sawyer and paintings by Debra and Randy Brienen.
- Plantation residents taking the Tour are requested to park at the clubhouse and ride a shuttle to avoid congestion at the homes.
- Shuttles leave for the Plantation approximately every 30 minutes. The last shuttle into the Plantation is at 3 p.m.
- Inside the Plantation, shuttles drop off and pick up at each home and at the clubhouse in a continuous loop.
- Shuttles returning to the lighthouse depart from all stops and are designated with a window sign.
- Shuttle drivers and home docents are volunteers and are happy to answer questions or assist guests in any way.
For more information, please contact the Lighthouse Gift Shop at 850-927-7745.