The Cape St. George Lighthouse and St. George Lighthouse Park are available for weddings, engagements, and other private events at certain times. Please review the guidelines below and contact us for more information.
- Events can be held in the Cape St. George Lighthouse when it is not opened to the public.
Hours are: March 1 – October 31: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday – Wednesday and Friday – Saturday; noon to 5 p.m. Sunday; closed Thursday.
November 1 – February 28: Noon to 5 p.m. daily, except closed Thursday.
Reservations MUST be made in advance in writing, and include information on how
to contact someone in the wedding party up to the day of the event. Reservation is
tentative until full payment is received.
- The Lantern Room at the top of the Lighthouse can cozily accommodate 10-12 standing adults. Seating is not provided. The Keeper’s House porch may be used as part of the event ceremony.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the Lighthouse. No nails, staples, tape or glue can be used to decorate the Lighthouse. No open flames allowed. Event (including clean-up) must be concluded before sunset due to limited lighting in Lighthouse Park.
- We request a $250.00 fee with a maximum time limit of 2 hours which includes setup and cleanup. Fee includes allowing each guest the option of climbing to the top of the Lighthouse. Total number of guests over 50 could require additional charges. Minimum height requirement for anyone to climb is 40” with no exceptions.
- The Cape St. George Lighthouse is located in a Franklin County public park. The park includes two beachfront pavilions, available on a first-come, first-served basis and cannot be reserved in advance. There are areas of the park that can accommodate chairs or small tents; however, driving tent spikes into the ground must be coordinated with the St. George Lighthouse Association to avoid damage to underground irrigation equipment.
- Catering, flowers, music, trash disposal, photographers, notaries and other amenities beyond use of the Lighthouse are not provided by the St. George Lighthouse Association and are the responsibility of the wedding/event party. The applicant will be liable for any cost incurred as a result of damage to the site by any guests or vendors attending the event.
- Parking is available in parking lots on east and west ends of the park. No vehicles are allowed on the grass or pathways in the park.
- The St. George Lighthouse Association bears no responsibility for provision of an alternate site in the event that any circumstance would make use of the lighthouse or park untenable (for example, weather-related issues).
For more information click here to contact Billie Kinnett, Administrative Assistant, St. George Lighthouse Association, at 850-927-7745; firstname.lastname@example.org.